Friday, January 22, 2010

Coming up for air

Between work, a frustrating insurance company, allergies and planning for my trip to South Dakota, I haven't had a lot of time for the 'ol blog. This is actually a bit ironic, because I actually have all kinds of things to talk about now—most of them revolving around the ideas I've come up with while brainstorming for my upcoming game in South Dakota. Since some of my players read this site, I can't really go into any detail about these ideas...yet. I am in an amusingly frustrating position, actually. I think I have TOO MANY ideas to fit into one weekend's worth of gaming. Oh sure, maybe if we pulled a couple all-nighters, but honestly? I think all of my crew is just too old to do so anymore (heh). So now I am left with the unenviable task of editing down the epic scope of my ideas into something we can realistically hope to accomplish.

Whatever we /do/ manage to accomplish, however, I'll be sure to post here. In fact, I'm going to throw out a few snippets right now. Teasers if you will:

...a rogue covert operations team?
...the death of a planet?
...dragons?
...a secret heritage is revealed.
...a fifth-column in the heart of the enemy?
...biological warfare.
...the capture of a world-ship?
...the enemy's secret.

As you can see, there are a lot of different threads opening up. That's the good and the bad of a campaign you only get to play a couple days a year. Lots of fresh ideas. Not enough time to do them all. Better than the alternative, I suppose. In any case, I'm looking forward to refining the ideas and to reporting what happens when my players come into contact with them! Should be exciting! Stay posted.

Oh. And p.s., I have been working on the revised YT-1300 in those few spare moments I do have. Drawing for fun is a great stress reliever for me. I'll post the results soon, but I have to say that I am very pleased so far.

1 comment:

  1. Look! It me! Bob!

    It's Martin, the player behind Bob, the Tusken Jedi. Good seeing you this weekend, Rollo.

    ReplyDelete