Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Adventure Conversions

I have often posted about my love of taking existing ideas and modifying them for use in the Star Wars setting. I have even posted a couple examples of this. Well, I'm starting a new 'series' of posts where I intend to make a full-fledged adventure outline out of some of my favorite non-star wars things. The first of these is going to be a conversion of the 1983 Sci-Fi film: "Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone! in 3D".

Yes, I realize this was a cheesy movie. I love cheesy movies. The worst I can find. But it is one of those cheesy movies that had a big impact on me as a 13-year-old (when I first saw it on HBO). It is also one of the most easily translatable movies on my 'list'- thus its the one I'm going to do first. I'll be releasing my conversion in parts over the next couple three days. I hope you enjoy it. It is a fun exercise for me, so far, and I think its in a condition where a GM could flesh it out and use it in their own campaigns if they wanted.

In the future, I intend to convert such classics as:

Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared Syn
The Mummy
Big Trouble in Little China
The Ice Pirates
Forbidden Planet
The Black Hole
Goliath Awaits
and
Flash Gordon

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment